Bookmarking (also known as Social Bookmarking) is the technique of tagging a sites page by using browser’s feature so that people can also find it later.
You can access features of various websites to bookmark posts rather than storing social media posts as bookmarks in your browser.
This is because you will be able to access bookmarks from any device with the help of internet connection.
The concept of social bookmarking sites emerged as basic aspect for content marketers and social media.
Social Bookmarking sites have developed in recent years in to interactive online communities where visitors build discussion forums and share common interests and links.
Why does Bookmarking matter with SEO?
An initial approach is to strengthen your Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
If you want to rank high in the search result pages then you should boost your Search Engine Optimization.
It is easy for the visitors to identify when your business displays at the top of the search results of a webpage.
On a regular basis, proper social bookmarking can enhance your Search Engine Optimization.
Social bookmarking refers to the web page bookmarking to access later on your web browser.
Bookmarking enables users to keep a record of your content on the web along with bookmarking a webpage.
The bookmarks notify that your content is worthy to the search engine algorithms. Generally, they enhance your credibility, authority and improve the ranking on your business related keywords.
If you have ever sent a link to your colleague, friend or relative via any social media platform you have utilized social bookmarking.
Pinterest and Twitter are the most popular social media platforms for social bookmarking.
Social bookmarking websites are able to provide valuable information related to trending and popular topics basis a specific industry.
Benefits of Social Bookmarking
It is obvious that social bookmarking has achieved the height of popularity in the present era. Following are some amazing benefits of social bookmarking for SEO:
Increases the targeted traffic:
One of the great features of bookmarking sites is that you can search for content with the help of keywords and tags.
You can add multiple keywords or tags to the link according to the categories so that interested people can clink on your link.
People share the link with other when they like it which will eventually increase the traffic rate.
Creates Brand Awareness:
By creating your business profile on leading social bookmarking sites can help your target audience to reach your business easily.
Moreover, the more bookmarking sites you use to post your content, the more exposure your website can gain. Eventually, it will lead to increased ROI and brand awareness.
Boost Contact with Fellow Bloggers:
Bookmarking also requires active engagement with users.
Your active participation on social bookmarking sites can enable you to build natural connections with the help of your key influencers. Eventually, this will boost your SEO campaign and aid your link building practices.
Improve your Page Ranking:
Enhanced Page Rank is considered as an accumulated effect of all the key aspects including keyword ranking, social signals, domain authority, etc.
There are several bookmarking sites that allow do-follow link i.e. getting backlinks from several source. This will definitely enhance Page Rank of your website.
Post interesting and valuable stuff on bookmarking sites can have higher chances of attracting traffic towards your website. People will start subscribing your blog when they find your content valuable which results in high quality traffic.
Additionally, delivering quality content to the readers continuously can ultimately contribute to boost brand loyalty and increase your sales. Your target audience will recognize your company as a reputable business.
High-Quality Backlinks Generation:
Building quality backlinks is quite essential aspect in Search Engine Optimization.
You can gain quality backlinks from top ranking web pages by using social bookmarking sites.
Boost Keyword Ranking on SERPS:
Bookmarking sites enable you to incorporate multiple keywords without spamming your link via descriptive text, tags, title, URLs, etc. to your content. This will help to strengthen your keyword ranking on search engine.
Additionally, incorporating long tail keywords is also considered as an effective technique to enhance your Search Engine Optimization.
Guide for Social Bookmarking
- If the main goal of using bookmarking sites is to promote your business and driven traffic to your website or blog then do not just move in and start adding your posts. You should explore several bookmarking sites and create your personal profile in order to locate the websites.
- Include your website and succinct business bio if you going to utilize bookmarking sites for expanding your business. You must include your company name and business logo.
- There are several websites that display suggestions of people so that you can follow them. You should access their profile and connect with the people sharing the similar interest.
- While commenting, you must sound involved and interesting. Do not just post links randomly and spam.
- Avoid posting links twice if you have both personal and business profile. Always post through one profile.
- No one is likely to read your content if you provide a vague title. Make sure to give precise and attractive headline to your work.
- Adding relevant images can also work wonders to grab the attention of your target audience.
- You will not receive good results overnight. You should have patience. You need to post multiple articles to get success.
List of Social Bookmarking Sites
|Social Bookmarking Sites||DA||PA|
Hopefully, you have learned enough from the above discussion on Social Bookmarking sites for Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Always remember that you will do wonders by exploring your business via social bookmarking sites.